Water & Sewerage Services
Regulated by the Essential Services Commission of South Australia (ESCOSA) as a licensed Water Industry Retailer in accordance with the Water Industry Act, the District Council of Ceduna provides the following water retail services.
- Drinking (Potable) Water Services
- Non-Drinking (Non-Potable) Water Services
- Sewerage (Community Wastewater Management Systems) Services
A brief description of the Water & Service Services provided by Council can be found in the Pricing Policy Statement.
Council's Retail Water License.
Water Retail Code & Customer Charter
The Water Retail Code for Minor and Intermediate Retailers developed by ESCOSA is the principal consumer protection document setting out the behavioural standards and minimum requirements to be complied with by minor and intermediate water retailers when dealing with their customers.
One requirement of the Water Retail Code for Minor and Intermediate Retailers is for licensees to develop a Charter to provide water retail customers with a clear understanding of the standards of service they can expect from us and their rights and responsibilities.
Customer Hardship Policy
Any water service customers experiencing difficulty in paying outstanding amounts can apply for assistance via Council’s financial hardship policy.
For further information please contact Council’s Revenue Officer. (All communication relating to Council financial hardship applications are treated with the strictest confidentiality)
Enquiries, Leaks, Complaints and Disputes
You can contact the District Council of Ceduna on the following phone number, between 8.30am and 5.00pm weekdays (excluding public holidays) to discuss various matters as listed below.
General Enquiries: 08 8625 3407
- Accounts enquiries
- Change of name and/or address
- Payment arrangements and options available
- Hardship and difficulties in paying bills
- Complaints, compliments and suggestions
- Registration of Special Needs Customers
- Availability of any relevant Government concession, grant or rebate schemes
- Applications for connections
- Availability of services
- The connection and supply to a supply address
Service faults and emergencies (24 hours)
- Water supply, water quality
- Leaking or faulty water meter
- Sewer blockage or overflow
Please note: Outside normal business hours all telephone calls directed to the above telephone number will be answered by a telephone call centre representative and information will be directed to relevant Council employee for actioning.
If you are not satisfied with any action taken by Council in regards to an enquiry, complaint or decision regarding your account, Council’s Complaint and Dispute Resolution Process details what actions you can take in regards to escalating your matter with Council.