Parking and Permits
Ceduna central business district has two off street car parks one situated behind Surpys Mall (the entrance being from O'Loughlin Tce) and the second situated on Poynton Street near Foodland. These facilities are in addition to the short and long term car spaces in the town streets.
If you are parking, take care not to overstay the clearly marked times. Councils Complianc Officer is on regular patrol and can issue parking fines if you infringe.
So, if you plan an enjoyable few hours or a whole day shopping, browsing or just seeing the sights, take advantage of the on and off street all day parking.
Words of Advice
- Parking signage meets Australian Standards, eg a green symbol "2P" on a white background. This means that you may park for 2 hours only, please keep this in mind when parking your vehicle.
- Please do not park in a permit zone except if you have a Parking Permit or the International Disabled Access symbol displayed on your vehicle.
- On-street parking must be with the flow of the traffic, i.e. angle parking on the left.
- When you park your vehicle, always turn your engine off, remove the ignition keys, put your handbrake on and lock your doors. Take your valuables with you. If not, keep them out of sight, either in the glove box or the boot.
- Do not leave children or animals alone in vehicles at any time.
- The Council does not take responsibility for vehicles parked on its property.
Disabled Parking Permits
The District Council of Ceduna accept Australian and International Disabled Parking Permits. Permits are available by visiting your local GP and requesting they fill in a Disabled Permit Application. For more information call Service SA on 13 10 84.