The Thevenard Marina Facility (TMF) has been established at Thevenard by the District Council of Ceduna, to provide for the safe mooring, loading, unloading and refuelling of marine vessels up to 30 metre LOA, 9.5 metre Beam, Maximum Draft of 4.2 metres and Maximum Displacement of 245 tonnes.
The Navigation Channel and Marina Basin have a dredged depth of - 4.5 metres CD, with lit navigation beacons delineating the dredged Entrance Channel and Basin extent.
South Australian Notice to Mariners No. 44 of 2019 provides details of the Entrance Channel and Basin navigation beacons, in addition to South Cardinal beacons installed to facilitate navigation from the Yatala Channel to the TMF. Australian Notice to Mariners no. 64 was also issued in relation to these navigation beacons.
The TMF has the following Marina Pens available for Short and Long Term lease, and Casual use subject to availability.
- Small Pen 1 & 2
2 Pens accommodating vessels up to 18 metre LOA, 5.5 metre Beam, Maximum Draft of 2.0 metres and Maximum Displacement of 35 tonnes.
The Small Pens are equipped with 4 tonne Maxi Cleats.
A metered 15 A (1 Ø) power outlet for each Pen and a shared 15 mm potable water cock are provided on a common service pedestal between the Pens.
- Pen 1 to 8
8 Pens accommodating vessels up to 30 metre LOA, 9.5 metre Beam, Maximum Draft of 4.2 metres and Maximum Displacement of 245 tonnes.
The Pens are equipped with 15 tonne Mega Bollards.
A metered 15 A (1 Ø) Power outlet, a metered 63 A (3 Ø) power outlet and a 15 mm potable water cock are provided on an individual service pedestal for each Pen.
The Marina access gangway Pontoons and are suitable for the use of pallet trolleys for Australian Standard pallets (1165 mm x 1165 mm) with maximum trolley loads of 300 kg, for unloading of smaller volumes of product from vessels, or for vessel provisioning.
Vessel refuelling may not be undertaken in Marina Pens.
The TMF has the following Wharf Berths available for use for vessel loading and unloading operations and refuelling of vessels , all of which can accommodate vessel up to 30 metres LOA, 9.5 metre Beam, Maximum Draft of 4.2 metres and Maximum Displacement of 245 tonnes.
All Wharf Berths are equipped with 30 tonne double bitt bollards.
- Berth 1
Land Backed Sheet Pile Wall Berth.
The Berth can accommodate Mobile Crane lifting from the sheet piled Wharf area. (Crane ground loads limited to 20 tonne concentrated loads at minimum 4 metre x 4 metre spacing).
A 15 mm potable water cock is provided adjacent Berth 1.
- Berth 2 and 3
Berths either side of a 7 metre wide suspended concrete deck jetty.
The Suspended Jetty can accommodate up to a 5 tonne wheeled loader or forklift operating to capacity (1.5 tonnes /m2, uniformly distributed load).
A 15mm potable water cock is provided adjacent each of Berths 2 and 3.
A metered 15 A (1 Ø) Power outlet and a metered 63 A (3 Ø) power outlet are provided on a service pedestal adjacent to the Suspended Jetty.
General Infrastructure & Amenities
The TMF is equipped with Essential Safety Provisions including Fire Hose Reels and Fire Hydrants on the Causeway, Wharf Area and Marina Pontoons, in addition to overhead lighting of the Causeway and Wharf areas.
Limited Light Vehicle parking is available on the causeway adjacent to the Marina Pen Gangway and in the Wharf Area. Vehicular access to the Causeway and Wharf Area are limited by Access Control to Authorised Commercial Users only and personnel access to the Marina Pen Gangway is limited by Access Control to Authorised Marina Pen lessees only.
Public unrestricted parking and public toilet facilities are also available at the TMF site.
The TMF causeway and Wharf area can only accommodate up to 19 metre articulated vehicles. Vehicles greater than 19 metres in length are prohibited from entering the TMF area in its entirety, inclusive of restricted and unrestricted areas.
The Wharf Area can accommodate up to 2 (two) 19 metre single trailer semi-trailers at any one time for vessel loading or unloading purposes.
Vessel Refuelling may only be undertaken at the Wharf Berths, by licensed mobile tanker refuellers only, arranged by TMF users.
THEVENARD MARINA FACILITY USE AGREEMENTS
Use of the Marina Pens and Wharf Berths is available subject to the user entering into a Use Agreement with the District Council of Ceduna for the use of those facilities.
Fees are applicable for use of Marina Pens and Wharf Berths, in addition to a charge for Electrical power consumed from Service Pedestals at Marina Pens and the Wharf area.
All vessels using the TMF are required to maintain Public Risk and Marine Hull and Liability Insurance policies under the terms of the Use Agreements.
In addition to the Terms and Conditions of Use detailed in the Use Agreements, all TMF users are required to comply with the Thevenard Marina Facility Rules as published and amended from time to time by Council.
Three different types of Agreements are available for Use of the TMF, two for Use of the Marina Pens and one for Use of the Wharf Berths.
Marina Pens can be leased on a Short or Long Term basis, or hired on a Casual basis (subject to availability).
- A Marina Pen Hire – Casual Use Agreement applies for the Hire of a Marina Pen for single vessel for a period between 1 day but not exceeding 1 week (7 days).
The full Fee for the Hire period and a Security Bond must be paid in advance by the User.
- A Marina Pen Lease – Short/Long Term Agreement applies for the lease of Marina Pens for either a Short Term (greater than 1 week and less than 12 months) or for a Long Term (12 months or greater).
- For lease Terms of less than 4 weeks, the full Flat Fee as detailed in the Agreement for the Lease Term, and a Security Bond, must be paid in advance by the user.
- For lease Terms of more than 4 weeks but less than 12 months, a Flat Rate as detailed in the Agreement will be payable monthly in arrears as invoiced.
- For lease Terms of 12 months or greater, an Indexed Fee as detailed in the Agreement and Indexed Annually, will be payable monthly in arrears as invoiced.
- A single Agreement may provide for the lease of more than one Marina Pen.
- An Agreement may permit the Use of the leased Marina Pen or Pens by either :
- A single named vessel, or
- Any vessel owned by the Company to which the lease applies, or
- Any vessel owned by a current member of an Industry Association (subject to approval by the Council).
Use of the Wharf Berths can be booked for block periods of either 12 hours or 1 hour.
A Wharf Hire Agreement must be executed prior to any Use of Wharf Berths by the User’s Vessels.
- 12 Hour block periods permit the User to use the allocated Wharf Berth for Vessel loading, unloading and provedore operations, minor maintenance (under prior permitted conditions), refuelling (by licensed tanker refuellers only) and for the disposal of liquid wastes (by approved and licensed operators only).
- 1 hour block periods, applicable and available only to Vessels with a GRT of less than 50 tonnes, permits the User to undertake Vessel refuelling only.
- The full Fee for a 12 hour block or 1 hour block is payable irrespective of whether the full allocated time block is actually used.
- For regular Users of the Wharf Berths, the Wharf Hire Agreement is valid for 12months, and the Fees applicable for Use of the Wharf Berths is payable monthly in arrears as invoiced to the User.
- For casual Use of the Wharf Berths, the Fee applicable for Use of the Wharf Berth is payable in advance of the Use.