Development Information & Application
Development Applications will not be processed until all required documents are supplied and fees have been paid.
Please use the Development Application Checklist to assist with required documents.
Development Applications can be submitted over the counter at the Council Administration Office, 44 O'Loughlin Tce, CEDUNA, mailed to PO Box 175, CEDUNA SA 5690 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any questions in relation to your application please do not hesitate to contact Council Administration on 8625 3407 or email email@example.com
Activity that requires Development Approval
Development is building work, change in use of land, division of an allotment, any renovation or improvement on a heritage listed property that may materially affect the heritage value of the place, earthworks (excavation or fill), signage.
The most common development activities are:
- erecting or extending a carport, verandah or garage;
- building a new house or extending your existing house;
- installing a swimming pool or spa;
- a change in the use of land (ie; residential to include a business, shop to office, etc.);
- excavation or fill of land;
- land division;
- retaining walls;
- swimming pools in excess of 300mm including a filtration system; and
With certain exceptions Development Approval comprises both Development Plan Consent (planning consent) and Building Rules Consent (building consent). The application may be made for planning consent first, with building rules consent sought separately.
Activity that does not require approval includes, but is not limited to;
An outbuilding (ie; verandah, shed, carport, etc.) that is:
- detached from and ancillary to the dwelling;
- does not exceed 15 square metres;
- is no higher than 2.5metres width;
- has a span no greater than 3 metres;
- is not forward of the dwelling;
- not within 900mm of a secondary street; and
- not within 6 metres of an intersection.
- that does not exceed 300mm or in the case of an above-ground or inflatable pool; and
- does not have a filtration system.
- does not exceed 2.1m (not higher than 1m for masonry fences);
- does not exceed 1m within 6 metres of an intersection;
- brush fence that is no closer than 3 metres to an existing building; and
- a retaining wall not exceeding 1m.
- that is part of a roof-drainage system;
- has a total floor area that does not exceed 10 square metres;
- is located above ground; and
- has no part higher than 4 metres (including any supporting structure).
- with no point higher than 500mm; and
- no closer than 900mm of the boundary.
- made of permeable material (ie; shade cloth);
- will not exceed 20 square metres; and
- not in front of the dwelling.
- without a solid roof;
- each freestanding side is open;
- no part higher than 4m; and
- will not be in front of the dwelling.
- a total weight not heavier than 100 kilograms;
- does not over-hang any part of the roof;
- panels are fitted parallel to the roof (with a clearance of no more than 100 millimetres from the roof); and
- panels are installed by an accredited technician.