Rates are charged to all land and property within the District Council of Ceduna region in order to provide services to the Community.
Payments of Rates will be in quarterly payments due and payable on
- 1st Instalment 06/09/2019
- 2nd Instalment 06/12/2019
- 3rd Instalment 06/03/2020
- 4th Instalment 05/06/2020
A quarterly notice will be posted to ratepayers 30 days prior to each due date.
A ratepayer may also pay their rates in a single instalment due on the 30th of September.
Payment must be received by Council on or before the instalment due date. Ratepayers wishing to make alternative payment arrangements must contact Council prior to the due date for payment of rates. Approval of any such arrangement will be at the discretion of Council.
Methods of Payments
The District Council of Ceduna offers a variety of easy and convenient payment methods:
Payment by Direct Debit
Download the Direct Debit Request form , or contact Council's Administration Office for a form.
Payment by EFT
Reference Number: (your assessment number)
Using telephone or internet this service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact your bank or financial institution for further details.
Payment by Internet
Please use our secure Online Payment Site to pay by credit card (Visa & MasterCard only). Have your rates notice handy as you will need your Assessment Number and Valuation Number to complete the payment.
Use the Biller Code and Reference Number on the front of your Rates Notice.
Call of visit the website of your financial institution to make your payment direct from your bank account or credit card.
Payment by Phone
Call Council on 08 8625 3407 (Visa or MasterCard only).
Paying in Person
Present your payment slip at the District Council of Ceduna, 44 O'Loughlin Tce, Ceduna.
Pay by Cash, Cheque, Money Order, EFTPOS or Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard only).
Post your payment slip with your cheque or money order made payable to District Council of Ceduna, to PO Box 175, Ceduna SA 5690. Alternatively complete your credit card details on the slip provided at the bottom of your rates notice (Visa or MasterCard only).
Ratepayers receiving Centrelink payments can now pay their rates through the Centrepay Scheme. Please contact Centrepay for further information on Ph 1800 044 063 or visit the Centrelink website.
Late Payment of Rates
If an instalment of rates is not paid on or before the date on which it falls due the instalment will be regarded as being in arrears; and
- A fine of 2% of the amount of the instalment is payable; and
- On the expiration of each full month from that date, interest at the prescribed percentage will be charged on the outstanding amount for each month it continues to be late.
Recovery of Amounts Due
In any case where default in payment of rates occurs council may without further notice commence proceeding for recovery of all amounts due including:
- Proceedings in any court of competent jurisdiction
- An order requiring an occupier of a property to pay to Council amounts of rent otherwise payable to the owner of the property
- Sale of property where rates have been due and owing for not less that three years
When Council receives a payment in respect of overdue rates the Council applies the money received as follows:
- First - to satisfy any costs awarded in connection with court proceedings
- Second - to satisfy any interest costs
- Third - in payment of any fines imposed
- Fourth - in payment of rates, in chronological order (starting with the oldest first)