Become a volunteer
Become a volunteer and make a difference. Ceduna could not function without its many volunteers. Successful volunteers provide many benefits: the service and care given to the community, the friendship and self confidence it brings out in people, the creativity of so many diverse volunteer activities and above all the enjoyment of achieving something worthwhile.
Volunteer opportunities in the Council area
Ceduna is looking for special people to help with:
- Meals on Wheels - help with deliveries to those who are unable to shop or cook for themselves
- Pink Ladies- visiting on a one-to-one basis with residents of the Senior Citizens Village and the Hospital
- Adult Activity Centre Volunteers
If you are interested in volunteering for any of the areas listed above please contact Anne Suter at Ceduna District Health Service on (08) 8626 2151.
Volunteers are also needed for the following:
- State Emergency Service (SES)
- SA Ambulance Service
- Country Fire Service (CFS)
- Ceduna Oysterfest - volunteers for committee positions and assistance over the October long weekend
Please contact the organisations direct or the Council administration office on 8625 3407 for contact details.
Visit Sports SA to register as a volunteer in the sport & recreation field. You will need to fill in your details and any you will receive an email with any volunteer opportunities that match your registration details.
The District Council of Ceduna congratulates all those volunteers, of all ages and walks of life, who contribute their precious time and energy to making the quality of life for the Ceduna community so special. Some volunteers, work full time, some part time, while others are retired or students. Many volunteers have been involved for years, while others, such as those who are here just visiting, for short periods of time.
Please consider how you might make a difference to the lives of people in your community!