Kerbside Bin Collection Service
The District Council of Ceduna operates a Kerbside Bin collection service for the residents of Ceduna, Thevenard, Smoky Bay and Denial Bay. Kerbside Bin Collection Service days are as follows:
|Tuesday||Smoky Bay and Commercial|
|Wednesday||Thevenard, Ceduna Waters and Commerical|
|Thursday||Ceduna and Commercial|
|Friday||Denial Bay and Commercial|
Council employees empty approximately 40 bins three times a week in CBD and foreshore locations. The bins provided in Council parks and ovals are emptied on a weekly basis.
Additional Kerbside Bin Collection Service
The District Council of Ceduna can arrange for once off additional bin collection. Additional annual collection can also be arranged, see Fees & Charges for current prices, complete the 'Additional Bin Collection Request Form' and return to the Council Administration Office.
Commercial Rubbish Bin Collection Service
Commercial rubbish collection can be arranged for businesses in the District. Please see Fees & Charges for current prices, complete the 'Additional Bin Collection Request Form' and return to the Council Administration Office for assessment.
Rural Rubbish Bin Collection Service
Council will collect refuse from properties outside township boundaries subject to the property being on the normal route of the rubbish truck and that waste is contained in a 240 litre sulo bin. Please see Fees & Charges for current prices, complete the 'Additional Bin Collection Request Form' and return to the Council Administration Office for assessment.
Dos and Do Nots on Kerbside Bin Collection Service Day
- Have the bin out before 7.00am
- Place the bin as close to the edge of the kerb as possible
- Make sure the bin faces the road - eg the bin handles are closest to your house
- Ensure that the bin is 1 metre clear of trees and obstructions such as other garbage bins, fire hydrants, power poles and parked vehicles
- Put the bin back on your property after it has been emptied
- Do not overfill the bin so that the lid will not close
- Do not put separate bags or boxes beside the bin as they will not be collected
- Do not put hot ashes, acids or sharp objects in the bin as they may damage it
- Do not put heavy objects in the bin as is may not be collected
- Do not put industrial or building waste in the bin eg tyres, oils - wheelie bins are for household waste only